Cookie Notice and/or HTML5 Local Storage
Cookies are small text files that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. Cookies enables the website to remember your actions and preferences over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
HTML5 Local Storage is a component of the Web storage application programming interface. It is a method by which Web pages locally store named key/value pairs inside a client’s Web browser.
How do we use this?
Our cookies can be categorized as:
- Performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Web beacons. Web beacons are objects embedded in a webpage or email. This object is typically invisible to you, but it permits us to confirm whether you have viewed the web page and/or email (as the case may be).
We may use any or all of the below types of cookies:
- Session cookies. Session cookies are stored in your device’s memory only for the length of time of your browsing session. They are not accessible after your browser session may have been inactive for a period of time and are deleted from your device when your browser is closed down.
- Persistent cookies. Persistent cookies are stored in your devices’ memory and are not deleted when your browser is closed. Persistent cookies can helpfully remember you and your preferences each time you access our services.
How to control?
You may restrict the placement of Venture Crew’s cookies by adjusting your web browser preferences or a “Do Not Track” setting in your web browser. If you do so, you may still use our website, but this may interfere with some of its functionality.
You may also clear cookies from your computer via your web browser settings. You may also wish to use a Google Analytics opt-out web browser add-on.